10 Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
The Colourful Jamboree Emerald Green Liva Shimmer Saree navyāsa
But it can keep you from having fun if you don’t pin it right. On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused. All you need to do is fix your pallu at a place where you will have maximum support. For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try. Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
- Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
- Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric.
- The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
- Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny. Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders. Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim. Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize. The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it! Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look. Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
- You can also try out specific sarees for short ladies while you’re out shopping for your blouses.
- In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely.
- But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders.
- Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree.
- They make you look broader than you are, and there won’t be a ‘break’ in the pattern.
So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings pin up casino.
Choose the right blouse for your body-type
Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age. You all will agree with me that there is something special about silk sarees. But to pull it off with an arresting look is bit tricky. It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture. So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly.
Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats. In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place. Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric. To know the exact length of your saree, you should wear your heels (footwear) before draping it.
This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
- This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape.
- However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement.
- Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel.
- Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
Here Are Simple Ways To Wear Off Shoulder Blouse On Saree
Your petticoat must contrast your saree well and you should always get the blouse stitched with good fitting. Loose blouses give a hideous look and will spoil whole look. We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
- For the main wedding event, it would be valuable for you to know how to wear wedding silk saree.
- Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses.
- Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim.
- Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire.
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
The Gujarati Drape with a Twist
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies.
- Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning.
- Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it.
- When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy. Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled. For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree. 1.Make your pleats a little wider if you have slim shoulders, and make them narrower. Also, if you think the pleats make you look fat on the tummy, try keeping the pleats on the side instead of front.
South Indian Saree Style-
An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds. Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel. This victorian-meets-Indian style is perfect for an evening party when you are in the mood for the Indo-western style, you can wear this look and get some heads turning. Look urban in this palazzo style of wearing a saree which you can create by styling a dupatta on a crop top that blends with the colors of the outfit. This is one of the unique ways to wear a saree and carry a contemporary chic look, perfect for modern work environments. Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted.
- It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture.
- We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match.
- It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly.
- Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans.
Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
This style is similar to wearing a traditional waist chain around the saree. Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look. Some of us may have caught ourselves in a seemingly never-ending loop as we tried to get a hold of the pallu while trying to tie a saree for the first time.
- When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter.
- With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
Shimmy into your favorite saree and layer it with a sheer embellished cape. When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes. Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire.
The Layered Drape
You just need to know the correct saree wearing method to drape any type of saree. Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees.
- Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- All you need to do is fix your pallu at a place where you will have maximum support.
- On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
- Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
- Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees.
Like most regions in India, Bengal too has its traditional way of draping sarees. Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings. For all our readers and fellow fashion fiends, we have curated these chic styles of wearing a saree that is contemporary and look good on women of any age. You can blend vintage, classy, bohemian, and contemporary styles and give the drape an urban twist.
Latest style of wearing saree- Modern take on the versatile saree!
You just need to know how to wear a saree to look slim. Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward. Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
- The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders.
- Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree. Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses.
- The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels.
- This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
- It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good.
- The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
This will not keep your pallu from getting displaced. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above.
Here are 15 genius saree wearing styles for the short girl. Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim.
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
– Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree. When you are going to a wedding or a reception party, wear a designer Mysore silk saree to grab attention. Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look. One of the best parts of draping a saree (traditional saree draping styles) is its pallu!
These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
Steer clear of wearing ill-fitted blouses because it’s only going to add to that messiness. Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy. Don’t try blouses with horizontal stripes, they’re only going to make you look broader. You can also try out specific sarees for short ladies while you’re out shopping for your blouses.
- Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style.
- So opt for smaller prints, as they flow better with the fabric and make you look leaner and taller.
- Khadi, Cotton, Tusshar, Linen are some of the best material choices for a professional saree.
- On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused.
- This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape.
Silks, cotton, and chiffon are materials that are light and flatter all body types. You can pleat a saree the night before and spread it out to establish the pleats rather than doing it after draping the saree around your body. During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance. Put on your shoes before you drape your saree, to ensure that it is of the proper length. Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
Learn How to Tie a Saree Perfectly to Look Slim-
But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins . For darping a saree perfectly, you must keep these things in mind. You can either go with a stick-on bra or a strapless bra. Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.